Wednesday, October 23, 2013

House Tour-Eliza's Nursery

Happy Hump Day friends! We're moving on up the stairs in our house tour, and I wanted to share some pictures of Eliza's nursery with y'all. We really need to start thinking about transitioning Eliza into a big girl bed, especially since she climbed fell out of her crib for the first time the other night, but I'm trying to put that off as long as possible. Ryan wants to build Eliza's bed when we do make the switch, which I think is really special, so I'm looking all over Pinterest for ideas of what I think would be best in this space.

This room looks a lot like the nursery in our first house because we moved shortly after Eliza was born, so I basically used everything we had just bought. Even the paint color is the same. No need to buy new things when you already have it all. I did buy the rug and put up some different artwork, but other than that, its very similar.

Before:



After:









The Details:
  • Paint-Agreeable Grey from Sherwin Williams 
  • Light Fixture-Found here at Ikea 
  • Curtains-These curtains were my one big spurge for the nursery and I basically designed the whole room around them. I found the fabric at Tony's Fabric in Greenville and had them made there as well. As soon as I saw the fabric, I knew I wanted to have them in the nursery. 
  • Bamboo Blinds-found here from Overstock 
  • Crib- We found this Jenny Lind crib on Craigslist for $60 and painted it with Ralph Lauren Regent Metallic 
  • Crib Bedding-Serena and Lily Punch 
  • Rocker-Ryan's sister gave us this before Eliza was born and we just had it recovered in the chevron fabric. 
  • Armoire-We found this piece of furniture on Craigslist as well. We just changed out the knobs, which came from Hobby Lobby. The baskets on top of the armoire are from Home Goods
  • Rug-from Pottery Barn outlet in Gaffney, SC 
  • Balloon mobile above changing table- from Restoration Hardware Baby and Child. I don't think they carry this particular one any more, but they do have some other really pretty ones. 
  • Artwork-Most of the art in the nursery was painted by mother-in-law. She did everything but the cross painted, which was a gift from a friend. 

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh my goodness. I love the gray walls (I'm sucker for gray). That fixture! And those CURTAINS! Aaaaa!! So beautifully done, love.

    xx
    elise

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs