Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Six Months


Happy half birthday Eliza! She turned six months old yesterday. Her check-up at the doctor went great. She is now 16.69 pounds (62nd percentile) and 26.5 inches (76th percentile). She is wearing mostly six to ninth month clothes, but I don’t think it will be long before she needs a bigger size in certain brands of clothing. We just switched over to size three diapers today. Her hair is still slowly growing, and it looks like it is going to be light brown. Eliza is drooling and chewing on everything, but still hasn’t had any teeth pop through yet. 
 
She is growing so fast and learning new things every day. She can now sit up on her own for about a minute or two. She is getting better at it, but I would never leave her alone while she is sitting because she hasn’t quite learned how to brace herself when she starts to fall. She loves to roll around, and she scoots her body from one side of her crib to the other at night and when she is napping. She also “talks” to us all the time, especially when we are out in public. She has started to laugh a lot more than she used to, and I loved hearing her little giggles. 
 
Eliza hates her Bumbo seat, and tries to arch her back and wriggle out of it every time I put her in it. She does, however, love her Baby Einstein bouncy seat and jumpy seat. This is great entertainment for her while I take a shower and get dressed. She also loves her Baby Einstein and baby sign language movies. When I turn them on, she immediately starts smiling. Bath time is another favorite activity, and I cannot wait to take her swimming in my parents’ pool the next time we are in Columbia.
 
We have been very blessed that Eliza has been such a good eater and sleeper. I am crossing my fingers that this does not change. So far, she has tried bananas, carrots, peas, squash, zucchini, apples, pears, sweet potatoes, and avocados. We mostly make her food, but she has tried a few things out of the jar when I haven’t had time to make anything.  She has a five ounce bottle of milk every three to four hours. I also gave her a teething biscuit for the first time the other day. It made a huge mess, but she loved it. 
 
Eliza likes to sleep on her stomach or her side, and she usually flips over as soon as I put her in her crib. She goes to bed around 8:00 or 8:30 and she sleeps until about 7:00. She typically takes two naps a day for about an hour and a half or two hours. 
 
Eliza looks and acts just like Ryan. They are both laid back and easy-going, and I am so thankful that she got his personality rather than mine because, from what I’ve been told, I was not a very good baby. I cannot believe half of a year with her has already gone by, and I can’t wait to see what the next six months will bring. 
 
In honor of her half birthday, I have posted all of Eliza's monthly pictures below, so you can see how much she has grown. 
 
 
 




And here are a few more of my favorites from our photo shoot yesterday. 




3 comments:

  1. yes. you as a baby = sutton :) but i told your mom that if little sutt turns out half as wonderful as you did i'll be a proud momma. love these shots of baby e. she's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline! You are so sweet! I love Eliza and Sutton are going to be best buds!

      Delete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs