Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bittersweet

I have been such a bad blogger lately! We are very busy these days, and I just can't seem to find the time. Anyway, this past week was a big one for us. We closed on our house! On Thursday afternoon we closed on both our house and the house we will be moving in to. The people who bought our house are letting us rent it back from them for another month, so thankfully we did not have to move everything out on Thursday. We are going to rent a duplex while we renovate the new (well, not new, but new to us) house. I am really hoping the renovation will not take more than five or six moths, so we are looking to move sometime in late July or early August.

As we were closing on our house, I got a little sad thinking about everything I have been through while living in it. I bought this house right after I graduated from college, and I have lived in it for almost four and a half years. I finished my master's degree, got engaged, survived my first year of teaching, got married, got a dog, and had a baby while living here. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited about our new house and having more space, but it makes me a little sad to know that someone else will be living in the house where I have made so many good memories. It's going to be such a bittersweet feeling when we actually move.

Anyway, enough of the mushy stuff! After we signed on the dotted line, Ryan and I went over to the new house to take some pictures. I wanted to document what the house looks like before we start the renovations. I will also be taking pictures of the progress over the next few months, so I can update y'all on what we're doing. Here are the "before" pictures.


Formal Living Room:


Dining Room:

Downstairs Bedroom #1 (will become the kitchen):

Downstairs Bedroom #2 (will become the family room):

Downstairs Bathroom #1 (will become the part of the kitchen):

Downstairs Bathroom #2 (will become the laundry room):

Kitchen (will become the master bathroom):

Master Bedroom:


Stairs (duh):

Upstairs Bedroom #1:

Upstairs Bedroom #2:

Upstairs Bedroom #3/Playroom:


Window looking out to the backyard:

Backyard:

Back of the house:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs