Friday, October 5, 2012

12 Months

I can't believe I am writing Eliza's very last monthly post. I will still do updates as she grows and changes, but this will be the last official update. It's amazing how much she's changed in one month. She is walking more now, but she prefers to crawl. She can walk across a room, but she does it very slowly. She is quite the cautious baby.

Her new favorite activity is taking everything in her crib and throwing it on the floor. Once she's thrown all of her toys on the floor, she will wave bye-bye to them. She's also learned some new "baby tricks," as we like to call them.  She will her head yes and stick out her tongue when we ask her where it is. Her favorite toys are her lovie, balls, and anything that makes music.

Eliza now weighs 21 lbs and she is 18 inches long. She is still wearing size 4 diapers and size 12-18 month clothes. She has actually lost weight since the last time we took her to the doctor. My good little eater has turned into quite the picky one. We are trying to transition from baby food to all table food, and it is not going so well. We have tried all kinds of things, and every time we give her something other than yogurt or apple sauce she will close her eyes, shake her head no, and wave her hands in the air.  She also likes to throw her food on the floor and put it on top of her head. We are going to keep trying different things, but I have a feeling it's not going to be easy.

We have dropped all of her bottles and made the switch to whole milk. This transition has been a little easier. She has between 12-15 ounces of whole milk a day now. She also loves any kind of juice and prefers to drink out of straw. Eliza has been battling an ear infection and a pretty bad cough for the past couple of weeks, so I think that may have something to do with her eating habits. I know I should be thankful that we've made it this long without her getting sick, but she is just so pitiful right now. I feel so bad for her. Poor thing!

 
My sweet girl is so big! I said this in my last post, but this has been the best years of my life. It has been one of the hardest, but also the best. I have learned so much about myself, and while watching my little girl grow and change, I have also grown and changed. Eliza has brought so much joy to Ryan and I this year, and we love her more and more everyday! Happy one year Eliza!




We are having a little party for Eliza this Sunday, so I'll be back soon with some pictures from her party. I realize it will be two weeks after her actual birthday, but this weekend was the only time that we could get our family together to celebrate. Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs