Monday, August 20, 2012

Getting There (Part 1)

Obviously we are not in our house yet, but we're getting oh so close. Fingers crossed, we'll be moving in two weeks. I start to get overwhelmed every time I think about the whole moving process, so I'm just trying to take things one day at a time, and remember that everything will get done eventually. I went by our house this weekend to take some pictures of the progress. I'm going to do this in two posts. I'll show y'all the downstairs today, and the upstairs tomorrow (or maybe the next day).  

Formal Living Room:
When you walk in our front door you walk right in to the formal living room. This room really hasn't changed all that much. There were no structural changes made here, just some new paint. The hardwood floors have been done also, but you can't see them because they're covered up so they could paint.  

Dining Room:
The only major change we made here was to open up the entrance from the dining room to the kitchen. We painted this room and we will add a different chandelier at some point before we move in.

Kitchen:
When you look at the "Before" picture you can see that our kitchen was not always a kitchen. Before we ripped out the walls there was a bedroom and bathroom in what is now our kitchen.  We did major demo an made the most changes to the rooms off the back of the house so we could have a more open floor plan. I can't wait to have a big kitchen with lots of storage space.

Family Room:
Our kitchen opens up to the family room, which is also off the back of the house. Before we made it in to a family room it was a bedroom and a bathroom. The view of the "In Progress" picture was taken from the kitchen. 

Master Bedroom:
We added some square footage to the front of the house, which made the master bedroom a good bit bigger than it originally was. When we added space to the master it made the brick fireplace off center, so Ryan put in the built-in shelves on either side of it to make up for the odd spacing. The fire place will eventually be painted white. There used to be a screened in porch off the side of the master, but we closed it in and turned it into a closet. I don't have pictures of the closet yet because there's not much to see right now, but I will soon.

Master Bath/Half Bath/Laundry Room:
The top two pictures here are what the old kitchen used to look like. Now it is no longer a kitchen. We gutted this whole area, and part of the space became the master bathroom, part of it is a half bathroom, and part of it is the laundry room. I don't have "In Progress" pictures of the half bath and the laundry room, but the bottom two pictures below are the master bathroom vanity and shower. The shower is really hard to see because it was covered up for the painters, but I figured I'd throw it in there anyway.
 
The Back:
And finally, the back porch. I can't wait to spend many cool fall evening relaxing on this porch. I think this might be one of my favorite places in our new house. 

The Floor Plan: 
It's hard to explain the layout of the house without actually seeing it in person, but looking at the floor plan may help you visualize it.  Here are Ryan's final drawings of the house. The red lines are the walls we removed and the purple are the walls we added. I know this picture is small, but I couldn't make it any larger without cutting some of it off. If you click on the picture, it should open up in a bigger window.

3 comments:

  1. Andreana and I were walking last week and we stopped by the house...Ryan was there and he gave us a tour. Everything looks amazing!! I can't wait to see it when y'all move in. Hope your foot is all healed and back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caitlin! Thank you! Ryan told me that y'all saw the house! I'm so glad he was there to give you the grand tour! :) We want to have everybody over once we get settled in. My foot is getting better! I hope wedding planning is going well! I miss seeing you and Owen!

      Delete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs