Monday, July 16, 2012

The Sprain

Yep, that's what I'll be doing in a few short hours. I am having foot surgery at 1:00 today. I have bunions (sexy, I know) and my left foot if being operated on this afternoon. I had my right foot done about six years ago, and I'm finally getting around to taking care of the other foot. I put this off as long as possible, but I've been in so much pain that I knew I couldn't wait any longer. I'll be on crutches for about two weeks and in a boot for six weeks. I won't be able to run for three months. I am not looking forward to this, but I know I will better in the long run and have less injuries because of it.

Eliza and I will be in Columbia during the time that I'm on crutches so my mom can help me with her. I've known that I was having this surgery for months, and I haven't been worried about it. Honestly, I've tried not think about it too much, but I guess it really hit me last night, and I've started to get a little nervous. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated! :)

We have a wedding to go to in a couple of weeks, so I'll be practicing "The Sprain" during my recovery time. I know y'all remember this Saved by Bell episode! If you don't, I'll fill you in. Casey Kassem was hosting a dance contest at The Max, and Zack Morris and AC Slater were fighting over Kelly Kapowski as their dance partner. Slater won, so Zack ended up going with Jessie Spano. Lisa Turtle had her dance partner all lined up, but when she sprained her ankle he backed out on her. Screech came to the rescue and danced with Lisa in the contest, and guess what....they won! Everybody did "The Sprain" at the end of the episode. I'm going to try and revive "The Sprain" as an accepted form of dance. I think it could become a big hit like the Dougie, the Electric Slide, the Cupid Shuffle, and the Wobble. What do y'all think?

via

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs