Tuesday, July 10, 2012

9 Months

Eliza is nine months old and she is getting so big! When I took her to the doctor for her 9 month checkup I looked at her, and for the first time she looked like a little girl instead of a baby. I don't know when that happened! She now weighs 21 lbs (89th percentile) and she is 28 inches long (65th percentile).

The first thing people say to us when they see her is "Look at those legs!" and the second thing they say is "She looks just like her dad." We were in the grocery store the other day (just Eliza and I) and a woman came up to me and said "She is so cute! She must look like her dad." For crying out loud! I mean, I carried her for nine months and not one thing about her looks like me! Not that looking like Ryan is a bad thing though. :)

Eliza is a wiggle worm these days. Her monthly pictures are getting to be quite an ordeal (clearly) and changing her diaper usually takes two people. She started crawling the day after I wrote her eight month post where I claimed that I thought she might not ever really crawl. Now she is all over the place. She is pulling up on furniture and getting into everything. She can pull up on something and let go to stand on her own for a few seconds.Eliza's favorite "toys" are magazines, cell phones, and the remote. She will play patty-cake and wave to us when we ask her to, and she babbles all the time. Her favorite "word" is baba, but I've heard a few mamas and dadas also. 

Eliza has a bottle three times a day and eats solid food three times a day. At her last check up the doctor told us to finish the baby food we have and start her on table food. She is not loving some of the food that I've been giving her, but I think that may have to do with the fact that she still doesn't have any teeth. Eliza takes two naps a day and normally sleeps between 11 and 12 hours a night. I am very thankful that she has been a good sleeper since she was very young.

Eliza has started to get shy around people she doesn't know and she will bury her head in my arms when she meets someone for the first time. It doesn't take long for her to warm up to people though. After about a minute she will start smiling and babbling. Eliza is so easy going and happy, and I love watching her little personality grow and develop. I can't believe she will be one in three short months!


*For the record, I know that I am giving way too many details that most people don't really care about in these monthly posts. These are more for me than anyone else. Since I haven't exactly kept up with Eliza's baby book, I figured this would be better than nothing at all. I promise I'll only bore you with three more months of updates. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs