Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

It seems like I'm always about a week behind getting my posts up, but that's the norm for me these days. I'm at least a week behind with everything else in my life too. I think better get used to this whole being late thing, which is really hard for me because I suffer from Type A personality. Anyway, I had a wonderful first Mother's Day. In fact, the whole weekend was great.

We spent Saturday afternoon at Artisphere, a local art festival that comes to downtown Greenville once a year. My sister in law was in town, so we met her and my mother-in-law for lunch. After lunch we walked around with my friend Caroline, and her little girl, Sutton. Eliza and Sutton are only six weeks apart, and they are BFFs. We had so much fun with them!






This Brian Olsen's "Art in Action." It was so cool. 
 

No, this was not one of the art exhibits. I just thought y'all might be interested to see some of the good people watching that goes on at Artisphere. Please check out the woman in the purple shirt eying this lovely and oh so sweaty man. 


Eliza and Sutton's Saturday afternoon photo session. Every time we take pictures of the two of them together, there is at least one of Eliza trying to eat Sutton's clothes. What can I say, she is a hungry girl!




One last family photo. :) 


On Saturday night we went out to dinner to celebrate Ryan's birthday, which happened to be on Mother's Day this year. We thought we would eat somewhere outside of downtown because we figured it would be pretty crowded since Artisphere was going on. We decided to go to Saksatoon, an awesome restaurant that Ryan has been wanting to go to for a while.  The only thing we didn't think about when making plans was that is was prom night for a lot of high schools, so we ended up sitting at the bar. The food was great and we had a lot of fun checking out all of the dresses. Ryan was shocked by what some of the girls were wearing. I, however, was not surprised at all. I work with teenage girls every day and dress code issues are a daily battle.




Check out my Mother's Day present! Ryan drew a charcoal picture of Eliza for me. It is being framed this week, and I can't wait to see the final product. Don't I have an awesome husband?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs