Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter 2012

If you haven't already noticed from reading this blog, holidays are a big deal in my family. This Easter was no exception. On Sunday morning we woke up, and got dressed and ready to go to church. My sister has gotten involved in a new church that was recently started in Columbia, so we went there instead of going to the church where my parents are members. The sermon was very powerful, and the preacher did a great job of delivering the message of what Easter is all about. I had time to snap a few pictures before we left for church.





My brother, Monty, goes to Alabama, and he was home for Easter weekend. The Red Hot Chili Peppers were playing in Columbia on Saturday night, so he brought three friends home with him for the concert. My mom said she went in to Monty's room to wake him up for church, and when she asked him if he wanted to go with us, he looked at her and very politely said "No, thank you" and rolled back over in the bed. By the time we got back from church Monty and his friends were just waking up. We had lunch, and then my mom somehow convinced all of us to participate in an Easter egg hunt and a Peep display contest. It was quite an eventful day.
 







And the hunt begins...






It's time for the Peep arrangement contest. 





**Disclaimer: I hope no one is offended by our Peep arrangements. It was all in good fun! 

Peep-o-suction



Passion of the Peep 



Peeping Tom 
(Get it? A make turkey is called a tom.) 


Peep Resurrection


The Grand Prize...more Peeps!

I can't wait to see what activities my mom has planned for next Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs