Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Year in Review

2012 was a big year for us. It was busy and stressful at times, but it was also wonderful and so fun. I think we grew a lot as a family, and we are in a completely different place (literally and figuratively) now than where we were a year ago. This time last year I had a three month old who was barely sleeping through the night, and I was crying every day because I had to go back to work. While I still wish I could be at home with Eliza, I am much more comfortable with the fact that me working right now is the best thing for our family. I feel that God has truly blessed us and taught us so much over the past year.

When I look back on all of our pictures, it's hard to believe everything that we had going on in one short year. I don't think we'll be quite as busy in 2013, and I'm really looking forward to that. I don't have any big resolutions for this year, but I do have a few goals that I'll share with y'all in another post. I hope y'all have as much fun as I did looking back on our past twelve months.


January-We celebrated the new year with friends, took a trip to the mountains, and Eliza turned four months old.

February-We celebrated Valentine's day, tried to stay warm, and spent some time with friends. 

March-We sold our house, bought a new house, and moved into an apartment so we could renovate the new house. Eliza was baptized and we had our last party in the old house to celebrate her baptism. 

April-We began renovations on our house, enjoyed the warmer weather, visited the Easter bunny, and had a peep decorating contest.
May-We ran in the Crawdad Dash in Columbia, and celebrated Ryan's birthday. Eliza had her first dip in the pool, and we enjoyed Artisphere in downtown Greenville.
June-I got out of school, we made some progress on our house, and took a trip to the beach.
July-We spent a lot of time at the park, and went to the beach and the lake to celebrate the fourth of July.
August-Eliza and I started back to school, and we finally moved into our new house. We spent most of August getting unpacked and adjusting to a new schedule.
September-This was a months of firsts for Eliza. She celebrated her first birthday and we took her to her very first Clemson game.
October -We continued to get settled into our house, went to the pumpkin patch, and celebrated Halloween.
November-My best friend got married and we celebrated Thanksgiving by having twenty-eight friends and family members to our house for dinner.
December-We had a traumatic Santa Claus visit, got a Christmas tree, and celebrated Christmas in Columbia with my family. 
 Happy New Year! Here's to a great 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs