Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Recipe and Some Resolutions

Hey friends! If you hadn't noticed already, I've been in a little bit of a blog rut lately. I've had things I want to say, but just haven't been able to bring myself to write anything. But not to worry (not that I actually thought you did), I'm back! I have a recipe for a yummy chocolate pie and a few New Year's resolutions for y'all.

I'll start with recipe. If you're on a diet, I'd steer clear of making this one. It's so good, but definitely not good for you. On the plus side, it's really easy to make, so here ya go!

Chocolate Pie Ingredients:
1/2 a stick of melted butter
3 1/2 tablespoons of cocoa
1 1/2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
Small can of evaporated milk
Pie crust 

Directions:
Mix butter, cocoa, sugar, eggs, and milk together in a mixer
Pour into pie crust
Cook for 30-35 minutes at 350

Whipped Cream Recipe:
Pour one pint of heavy cream into a mixer.
Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Mix on high until whipped


I realize I'm a little late jumping on the New Year's resolution bandwagon, but I guess I'm better late than never. At least I'm getting them posted before Valentine's Day.  I really only have two things that I want to focus on this year. I've never really been big on making resolutions, but these are two things that I've been thinking about for a while, so I figured this is a great time to start. I can't wait to look back on these in few months to see if I actually follow through with them.

My first resolution is that I want Ryan, Eliza, and I to make more of an effort to sit down and eat dinner together every night. We are really bad about feeding Eliza and eating our dinner after she goes to bed, but I think it's important that we make time to sit and have dinner together. We have already gotten better about this, but I really want to make sure we keep it up.


My second resolution is to have quiet time every day. I did not start the year out great with this one, but I am getting better. Some days it's only for five or ten minutes, and other days it's longer, but I feel like this is so important to make a priority every day. Jesus Calling is a great book that I have loved reading if you're looking for something good. 


I actually have a third thing that I want to do this year. It's really more of a goal than a resolution. Some of you may have heard of this before, but I have a friend who sells her daughter's clothes on Instagram, and she's had a lot of success with it. I've been debating whether or not to sell Eliza's clothes because we want to have other children and I'd like to be able to use the clothes again (if we have another girl), but after talking with my friend and thinking about it, I've decided to go ahead and give it a try.  I'll have clothes from newborn to 12 months. I know a lot of people that read this blog are friends and family, but is this something that any of you would be interested in? If you are, leave a comment below. It'll take me a little while to sort through all of Eliza's clothes, but stay tuned for me details! 

1 comment:

  1. It just erased my last comment, so hopefully it will post this, but I just wanted to say that my friend, Mallary, text me because she saw the pictures on Instagram from the Children's Museum and we discovered that you grew up with her husband, Sam Williams. Small world! Also, I love Jesus Calling! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs