Sunday, February 26, 2012

5 months

Eliza is five months old today, and can you believe it, I'm actually posting this on time! She has been working on a lot of new things this month. She is trying very hard to hold her own bottle, but she can't quite figure out how to do it yet. She is also sitting up with assistance and rolling all over the place. We took her out of her sleep sack at night, and now she rolls over to sleep on her stomach. I think this has helped her to sleep better at night. For the most part she will sleep all night. Every now and then she will wake up around 4 or 5, and start talking to herself, but she usually puts herself back to sleep. We put her to bed around 8 or 9 and she usually wakes up between 7 and 8:30.

We started Eliza on solid foods at four months old. So far she has tried rice cereal, peas, squash, avocado, and sweet potato. She is a good eater, and seems to like everything. I think the sweet potato and squash are her favorites. We are still making all of her food, and we are trying to do all organic. Right now we are feeding her after her morning bottle and at night around 6:30. I think we are going to add one more feeding around lunchtime in the next week or so. She has been napping better this month, and I think it has to do with eating solid food. She takes one nap in the morning for about an hour or an hour and a half, and another longer one in the afternoon for about two hours.

I'm not sure exactly how much Eliza weighs because she didn't go to the doctor this month, but I think she is around 15 or 16 pounds. We go back to the doctor at six moths, so we'll know for sure then. She is wearing mostly 6-9 month clothes. She doesn't have any teeth popping through yet, but she is still drooling all over the place. Eliza loves to "talk" and she is constantly making noises. I know it's hard to tell from the pictures, but her hair is slowly growing. I can't wait until it gets long enough to put a bow in it! Right now, I'd have to tape a bow in her hair, and I don't think that would look too good.

These past five months have flow by, and I can't believe Eliza will be half a year old next month! She brings so much joy to our lives and we love our sweet little nugget so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs