Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Catching Up

Hey y'all! I'm still here! We got back from Columbia yesterday morning, and I've been busy unpacking, hanging out with Ryan and Eliza (and Belle and Sawyer, of course), and cleaning for our open house this weekend. Right now I'm sitting here with Eliza watching the Today Show and drinking coffee with pumpkin spice creamer. Did y'all know that Coffee-mate makes a pumpkin spice creamer? I didn't until I saw it in Target this weekend. It is so good!

via

We planned to leave for Columbia on Friday around lunch time, but Ryan and I both got a message  from the pediatrician on Friday morning asking us to call her back because one of the tests from Eliza's newborn screening came back with some abnormalities on it. We both called back immediately, and the nurse told us that our doctor would call us back later. We didn't hear from our doctor until about an hour later, and that was the longest hour of my life.

When she did call us back, Dr. Mathias told us that we needed to bring Eliza in to have the test done again. Once we got to the doctor she explained to us that Eliza had an abnormal acylcarnitine profile on her newborn screening. I have no idea what that means, and I'm not sure if I'm explaining this right, but it is basically a metabolic disorder. Dr. Mathias said that a lot of babies have to have this test done again, and most of the time they come back false positive, which is what we are hoping for. If the results do come back positive, then we will have to watch Eliza's diet in the future and meet with a nutritionist to discuss what she can and can not eat.

Eliza had to have her foot pricked at the pediatrician and then we had to take her to the lab to have blood drawn. She did so good, and the nurse told us that she was one the best babies she had ever seen. We are supposed to get the results back in two to three weeks. I will let y'all know as soon as we hear something. Until then, please pray for Eliza!


After we left the doctor, we came home, threw all of our stuff in the car, and headed to Columbia. We had a great weekend hanging out with family and friends, relaxing, and cheering on the Tigers. Eliza met a lot of new friends, Ryan went hunting, and I got to sleep. On Saturday night my mom got up to feed Eliza, so I could sleep through night, and it was GLORIOUS! Even though my body automatically woke up at the times I normally feed her, it was nice not to have to get out of bed. Ryan headed back to Greenville on Sunday night, and Eliza and I stayed until Tuesday morning. I've got to run because Eliza is getting hungry and Belle is jumping in my lap, but here are a few pictures from our weekend.

Hanging out with Aunt Liza and David
Nap-time with Dad
Trying to burp for Grandma
Jack came over to play with Eliza....
but all Eliza wanted to do was sleep, so Jack played with Belle instead.



We can't wait to go back and visit again! Have a great Wednesday everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs