Saturday, September 14, 2013

House Tour-Master Bedroom

Good Saturday morning to you all! We are getting ready to go to a birthday party for one of Eliza's friends and then we're heading to Columbia to go wedding dress shopping with my sister! I'm so excited! I'm also going to a bridal shower on Sunday while I'm in Columbia and then have a meeting about my high school reunion, so we are going to be busy! Good thing it's all good stuff! Moving right along with the house tour, here is a look at our master bedroom.

Before:

Because we added a bathroom to the guest bedroom upstairs, which is right above our bedroom, we added square footage to the master. That's why the room looks bigger in the after pictures. We also turned the screened in porch off of this room into a closet. 




After:






The Details: 
  • Wall color- Benjamin Moore Intellectual Gray
  • Rug-from Post and Gray in Charlotte, NC 
  • Bed-Our bed is nothing to write home about, but it serves its purpose. It's from Value City Furniture. I would absolutely love an upholstered headboard, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. 
  • Bedding-The comforter was passed down from my mother-in-law and the pillows and bed skirt were  made by the same seamstress who did our curtains.
  • End Tables-Ryan made the end tables and we had the table skirts made. The fabric was on clearance at Post and Gray
  • Lamps-from Home Goods
  • Painting above the bed-This was done by Ryan's mom and it is one of my favorite paintings. It was in their old house and Debi knew that I'd always loved it, so she gave it to me when they moved.  
  • Loveseat by the window-This was part of Ryan's great grandmother's bedroom set. His mom passed it down to us and we just had it recovered at Best Upholstering here in Greenville.
  • Curtains-The curtains were made by our seamstress. The buffalo check fabric can be ordered here.
Things we'd still like to do:
  • Add glass doors to the built in shelves.
  • Find a chair for the built in desk.
  • Find some sort of bench or stools to go at the foot of our bed.
  • Find a screen for the fireplace. Do y'all know expensive those things are?! It's crazy! I did find one I liked for a great price a few months back, but decided to wait on it, and it's gone now. I'm kicking myself for not getting it! 

1 comment:

  1. i like the content of this blog. very beautiful blog. just simply love it. Express Bedz

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs